Is your home so filled with clutter that you don’t know where to start? You can begin by looking for things that you know you no longer want or need that you can give to someone else that desperately needs it. Why not start looking for the items that are needed by the following groups?
The Shoeman – George “The Shoeman” Hutchings has collected approximately 500,000 pairs of shoes and has turned them into clean water for the people of Kenya. George and team are now working on bringing clean water to the people of Haiti.
- Unwanted shoes.
Mercy Ministries – Since 1983, Mercy Ministries of America has provided hope and healing to generations of desperate young women FREE OF CHARGE who are seeking freedom from life-controlling problems such as drug and alcohol addictions, depression, eating disorders, unplanned pregnancy, physical and sexual abuse and self harm.
- Toiletries (soap, shampoo, conditioner, lotion, deodorant, face scrubs)
- Clothes and shoes (all sizes). Due to the young age of most of their residents, clothes that are current and youthful are appreciated.
- Styling equipment (straighteners, curling irons, blow dryers, new brushes)
- Craft and art supplies (scrapbooking materials, construction paper, stationary)
- Cars for their local graduates
- Baby Items
Check out our partnering website (The Stuff Stop) that launched in 2012. It’s mission is to help you connect your unwanted stuff with people in need.