Here’s some food for thought. Statistics say:
- 80% of all papers filed are never looked at again.
- 50% of all filed material going to storage has no retention value and should have been destroyed.
- We wear 20% of our clothes all of the time. The other 80% are there just in case.
- The average American receives 49,060 pieces of mail in their lifetime; one third of it is junk mail.
- For every hour spent in the planning phase, three to four hours are saved during the execution stage. Save yourself time by being proactive.
- The average office has 19 copies of each document.
- The average executive wastes 150 hours each year looking for misplaced documents.