The following places are hosting free shredding events on April 27, 2013:
City of Chesterfield, 16365 Lydia Hill Dr, Chesterfield, MO (9 am – 2 pm)
City of Eureka, Community Center, 333 Bald Hill Rd, Eureka, MO (8 am – 12 pm)
Metropolitan St. Louis CRA Assoc, 3101 Laclede Ave, St. Louis, MO (10 am – 2 pm)
Neighbors Credit Union, 6300 S Lindbergh, St. Louis. MO (9 am – 12 pm)
Vantage Credit Union, 4020 Fee Fee, Bridgeton, MO (9 am – 12 pm)
American Eagle Credit Union is hosting a free shredding event on May 4, 2013 from 9 am – 12 pm at their following locations:
1001 Lynch St, St Louis, MO
1075 N US Hwy 1067, Florissant, MO
3805 Union Rd, St Louis, MO
2175 Barrett Station Rd, Des Peres, MO
1334 Jeffco Blvd, Arnold, MO
For additional dates and locations (nationwide), click here."
We were presented with the Angie’s List Super Service Award for 2012 which is a leading national honor, recognizing excellence among service and health providers who maintain a superior service record. Less than 5% of thousands of businesses earn this prestigious award each year. Very exciting!
If those old documents are piling up and driving you crazy, ditch them in a safe and secure way – get them shredded for free on Saturday, October 27th from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. at Arsenal Credit Union, 8651 Watson Rd, St Louis, MO 63119.
You’ll also be able to have old or broken computers, electronics, appliances and cell phones recycled for free at the same event! Almost anything that has a plug or runs on batteries can be completely recycled.
Local police will be on hand to provide free child fingerprinting and identification services, and take-home identity theft prevention tips and resources will be distributed to adults.
A colleague of mine recently shared a new inexpensive resource for shredding with me and I just had to pass that information along to you! The company’s name is American Document Destruction and they are located at 10600 Kahlmeyer Dr in St. Louis (63132). Their phone number is 314-423-8388. If you have 10 or more boxes of shredding and you bring them to their location, it’s FREE. If you have under 10 boxes, there is a flat fee of $5.00. You are welcome to watch them destroy your documents. My colleague says she has always found the employees there to be nice and hospitable.
Check out these stats from an article in The Wall Street Journal. Clutter isn’t just physical stuff. Be careful not to clutter up your smart phones with apps you don’t use, need or love!
- The number of apps the average smartphone user world-wide is expected to download this year – 37. (ABI Research)
- The number of apps expected to be downloaded world-wide this year – 36 billion. (ABI Research)
- The number of apps expected to be downloaded world-wide in 2017 – 136 Billion. (ABI Research)
- The number of minutes people spend on average each day on mobile apps in the U.S., as of December, compared with 72 minutes Web browsing – 94. (Flurry.com)
- The growth in time spent daily in the U.S. on mobile apps for the 18 months ended Dec. 2011, compared with 13% growth in Web browsing – 119%. (Flurry.com)
- The number of minutes spent daily on average on smartphone social-networking apps in the first quarter of this year world-wide, matching the time spent on games and more than any other category of apps – 24. (Flurry.com)
- The number of apps available in the Apple App Store – more than 650,000. (AppleInc.)
- The number of apps available in Google Play – more than 600,000. (Google Inc.)