A simple action you can take to help the environment is to pay attention to what the clerk is bagging for you and just say no. In most cases a quick trip into the store doesn’t even warrant a bag. Do you really need a bag for your gallon of milk if you are going to carry it by the jug handle anyway? Does your bag of potatoes need a bag? What about when you run in the store for 1 or 2 items? The bag isn’t really necessary, is it?
Did you know?
- About a hundred billion plastic bags are used each year in the US alone
- Plastic bags are non-biodegradable
- About 100,000 animals are killed every year due to plastic bags
- Plastic bags litter our landscape and waterways
- Plastic bags infuse the air with toxic fumes if burned